Thri-Kreen of Athas: There are six species of Thri-Kreen in the
Tyr Region as well as three subspecies located beyond the Jagged Cliffs.
All have four arms and a strong exoskeleton.
January 25, 2021
We are making steady progress on a new engine for DarkSun 1, with the intent to produce a Darksun 2 remake and DarkSun Online Crimson Sand afterwards. Currently, we are converting GPL (Game Programming Language) to lua, parsing out the items and characters. Additionally maps are loadable and you can do some basic interactions with character.
What we have:
- Basic Map naviation
- Some GUI menus
- GPL (Game Programming Language) to lua.
- Hopefully in the coming months we will get a process to release preview builds for people to test.
Naturally, We are still looking for help;
- Web Master We do not have a web guy, if you are interested in sprusing up the website, please jump on discord and say "I wanna be the webmaster!"
- Manager/Task Master: We need a schedule made out, I'm terrible at this. That way we can partition out time better.
- Subject Matter Experts (AKA people who have played DSO: Crimson Sand): Sadly, few of us were able to play DSO: Crimson Sand (I, personally, had no money at the time.) So people who played DSO: Crimson Sand are need to help guide the look feel and mechanics of the old system. Please come to the chat and help us!
- Developers: There is a lot of coding involved and help with deciphering old resource files (.GFF) and building a client/server will help.
- Testers: These are always needed. The more testing done up front the quicker this project will complete. Testers can be from simply running code on your machine to writing unit tests. All types are welcomed.
There is interest in getting the old DSO Crimson Sand Server up and running. If anyone legally has the source code for the server, please message me on the chat/discord! I'd love to get that thing back up and running!
I have (for historical reason) put up the old form under the community tabe if desired.